Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cake Balls!(:

Rich red velevet cake formed into minature balls and coated in dark chocolate tuffled, and a sprinkle of sprinkles.. Sounds delish right? Well believe me it tastes as good as ut sounds. I made these cake balls a couple weeks ago but forgot to blog about them (oops!). So it was pretty simple: mixed together my favorite red velvet cake recipie, poured the batter into a piping bag, squeezed about a good sized tablespoon in each circle of my cake pop maker, after they were all done baking (they were only in there for 5 minutes) I put them in the freezer for 30 minutes. I put them in the freezer so they would be solid and would crumble when dipping them in chocolate. For my chocolate I used these dark choxolte truffles which melting amazingly! I onlt used truffles because we had a lot extra in the house, but you can use candy melts, a hersheys bar, chocolate chips, white chocolate, or almost any chocolate you have at home![I'll put up a post on how to melt chocolate soon]. Basically just dip the cake balls in chocolate then IMMEDIATLY roll your chocolate covered balls in the sprinkles, candy pieces, or whatever you want. Let them dry at room temperture for about 10 minutes. They should be good to go from here. It was my first time trying these and it came out great! enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment